The Launch of 2Code!
2Simple Software are thrilled to announce a new addition to Purple Mash: 2Code! This coding tool is challenging and interactive in order to get pupils engaged and has many helpful hints to keep difficult concepts from becoming discouraging. Our developers purposely designed it along the new 21st Century Learning Curriculum so we could include full lessons for different age groups and levels of ability – everything from logic and algorithms, to writing and debugging computer programs. On top of that, 2Code offers different Free Code modes of varying difficulty to encourage children to problem solve within a context. The Free Code can also be used entirely on its own to create games, animated stories and anything else your pupils can think of.
The new 21st Century Learning Curriculum has put a focus on children being able to understand and change the world. The purpose is to bring the attention back to creating software rather than simply learning how to use it but it has also had teachers searching for software that can help teach lower primary pupils difficult concepts like algorithms and also allow upper primary pupils to design, write and test their own programs. We’ve made sure to offer you both.
2Code is unique in many ways, but some of our favourite features are:
- Step-by-step lesson activities that cover all of the Coding Objectives for different age groups
- Ready-to-use ‘broken code’ activities for teaching debugging
- Video tutorials that ensure teachers always feel confident with the lessons
- Tailor-made activities for tablets and touch-screen devices
- Free Code mode where learners can develop their new coding skills and really get creative
- Hints and guidance provided throughout to aid the learning process
- ‘Success recognition’ so children know when they’ve completed a challenge
- A debugging tool which spots problems in pupils’ coding and gives hints on how to fix it
- The friendly, familiar, safe and secure Purple Mash interface
2Build a Profile Trial Request
2Build a Profile: 2Simple's Early Years Learning Framework App
30-day approval (includes Online Management Suite)